Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Summer (JK)

What time is it? Summer time!

Well actually not quite. Here at Treasure Mountain tests are still being graded, homework is still being given, and stress levels are still going up. Everything will still be full speed ahead until June 3rd. June 3rd is the day stress disappears, the day I leave junior high forever, and the day summer vacation begins. On June 3rd I will finally be able say “it’s summer time!”. However, until the last day of school I have to live in hell and only dream of paradise.

As I mentioned before, I still have to learn but that hasn’t been going well for me lately. My brain has this idea that it’s already time for vacation. I can’t focus, think, or do anything school related. Even writing this blog post is giving me a migraine. I have to blame my lack of attention on the weather. The sunny, cloudless, 72˚ weather. It makes me feel like summers here. I can’t help but wish I was hanging out with my friends and playing lacrosse even though lacrosse is almost over.

Lacrosse season is coming to an end as well as school. Our last game is on Friday and frankly I am kinda bummed. I probably enjoy lacrosse the most out of all the other sports I play. I look forward to practice and wake up energized and excited on game days. My coaches are wonderful and I really like the girls on my team. I am one of the captains for JV and to me that is a huge honor. We have been playing since the beginning of January so I guess it has been a long season but it doesn't feel like it. We practice five days a week unless we have a game. I have played pretty well in games this year and have improved a lot. I definitely think lacrosse is my favorite sport. I just got a job coaching kindergartners how to play and I love it. I am also trying out for the Utah national team on Saturday. The junior varsity team for the girls is is playing the boys junior varsity team this weekend. I am kinda nervous for it but I think it will be fun too. The boys and girls trade sticks and we play girls rules. All and all I think lacrosse was really fun and I don’t want it to end.

That is me. AHHHHH
Now that lacrosse is ending I don’t really have an excuse for not going to basketball clinics. Spring training has started and I am not too into it right now. It is with the boys and they are so much better than us. Sometimes I feel like I can’t play around them but that is okay because it will only make me a better player.

I am looking forward to having a chill May. I won't have as much homework and no more sports. I plan on hanging out with friends and having more fun. Summer please come as fast as you can.

Happy Summer (Almost),
~Corrine

No comments:

Post a Comment